Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
What is the programme structure?
You will need to successfully complete the following units of study to achieve the qualification:
• Understanding the context for the use of counselling skills – this unit aims to deepen your understanding around the significant differences between a person that uses counselling skills and a fully trained counsellor.
• Understanding counselling theory – this unit uncovers and investigates the person-centred approach (the therapeutic mode that you will be focusing on) and will engage you to reflect on the value of this therapeutic approach.
• Using counselling skills – this unit starts to unpick the essential communication skills needed within the counselling profession.
• Personal development for users of counselling skills – this unit will engage you in deep reflection around your understanding of the person-centred approach, how you have been using counselling skills, as well as focusing on your personal development whilst undertaking this course.
Who is the programme for?
The programme is for those who wish to pursue a career in the health and social care profession. This certificate of study explores and develops your communication skills, introduces you to counselling theory and also ventures into personal development, which is an essential element in your development to become a counsellor. Please be aware that this course does not qualify you to be a counsellor and further HE study is required in order to become fit for practice.
How long does it take to complete?
1 year, 4 hours per week.
What qualifications do I need?
It is expected that you have already completed a level 2 qualification in counselling skills in order to be eligible for this course.
What does it include?
Are there any special facilities for the programme?
Will there be any extra costs involved?
How is the programme assessed?
This programme will be assessed by a combination of methods e.g. written assignments, role-play, group discussions, peer and tutor observations.
What award will I achieve?
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
What can I do next?
This will then allow you to look at HE progression opportunities, such as level 4 or level 5 counselling programmes. Learners may also seek employment that uses the skills learnt from the course, e.g. youth mentor, support work. Furthermore, this course may be an ideal enhancement to your current area of employment.
Mid Cheshire College is committed to the implementation of a policy to achieve equality of opportunity for all staff, students and members of the community it serves. In doing so, the College will actively work to achieve equality regardless of age, race, skin colour, disability, gender, marital status, sexuality and faith.
How do I get further information?
Contact the college on 01606 74444 alternatively visit the website www.midchesh.ac.uk or email email@example.com
* If you are applying for an adult leisure course you do not need to fill out this form, just call us now on 01606 74444