Intermediate Programme in Plumbing (Level 2)
Course: Plumbing Studies Diploma L2
Location: Hartford Campus
Dates: 12/09/2016 to 30/06/2017
Times: 09.10 to 16.30
What is the programme structure?
• Work through a series of topic areas in classroom technology sessions
• Complete examinations in: - Safety, processes and practices, hot and cold water services, sanitation systems, electrical systems, sheet lead weathering, central heating systems, environmental awareness and working relationships
• Practical assessments in a workshop environment to be completed
• All tests are assessed online
• Course instils confidence in the student to carry out plumbing operations.
Who is the programme for?
This course is for anyone with a lively and enquiring mind and a willingness to expand their basic plumbing skills, who:
• Want the opportunity to carry out practical work covering craft and technician skills
• Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experiences
• Enjoy finding out answers – not just being taught
• Wish to study a modular course and tested on each unit.
How long does it take to complete?
What qualifications do I need?
4 GCSEs grade D – G, or equivalant.
What does it include?
Practical and theoretical assessments are combined to give a 6129 Technical Certificate in Plumbing.
Are there any special facilities for the programme?
There are specialist workshop facilities.
Will there be any extra costs involved?
At the start of the course students will be required to pay £75 towards the cost of materials and equipment. Students will need to provide steel toe cap footwear and overalls.
How is the programme assessed?
The programme is assessed on a modular basis with multi-choice examination papers for technology sessions. Practical assessment is with the use of timed assignments. Upon completion of internal examinations the candidate must pass an external online assessment.
What award will I achieve?
City & Guilds 6129 Technical Certificate in Basic Plumbing Studies.
City & Guilds.
What can I do next?
You could progress onto employment to convert the certificate into an NVQ Level 2 and then on to Level 3 plumbing.
Mid-Cheshire College is committed to the implementation of a policy to achieve equality of opportunity for all staff, students and members of the community it serves. In doing so the College will actively work to achieve equality regardless of age, race, skin colour, disability, gender, marital status, sexuality and faith.
The College supports the government initiative ‘Every Child Matters’ and ‘Youth Matters’ and all courses include elements which contribute to students achieving the five outcomes, namely, being healthy, staying safe, enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution and achieving economic well-being.
How do I get further information?
Contact the college on 01606 74444 alternatively visit the website www.midchesh.ac.uk or email email@example.com For students aged 19 years and over at the start of the course please contact the college for further information on the course fee.
* If you are applying for an adult leisure course you do not need to fill out this form, just call us now on 01606 74444