The corrosive and destructive impact of bullying is widely recognised. We are committed to challenging bullying in all its forms and taking firm and decisive action to protect the interests of our learners whenever incidents come to light. The following are some of the measures currently in place:
• Any allegation of bullying is investigated by staff and appropriate action taken, including disciplinary action against perpetrators if necessary.
• For incidents of cyber-bullying, a nominated IT technician provides support to the investigation.
• A Learning & Progression Mentor will be nominated a bullying mediator if this would prove helpful.
• Personal tutors and pastoral support staff provide support to the learner as required.
• Anti-bullying is covered as a topic in induction and in a pastoral tutorial session during the year.
• An anti-bullying week each year further highlights the issue to learners.