THE LEARNER VOICE
At Mid Cheshire College, learners are encouraged to become involved and to feed back their views. This is achieved in a variety of ways:
- Each course has a representative who can feed into the termly Course and Subject Area Meetings.
- Learner representatives attend College meetings, including Senior Management Team and Health and Safety Committee.
- Members of the Learner Experience Group feed into a College Management Meeting on a termly basis to discuss developments and issues in Subject Areas.
- Two College Governors are drawn from the learner body.
- Learners are involved in a range of College activities such as recruitment of staff, and quality assurance.
- Two cross-college surveys of learners are undertaken each year, as well as focus groups and surveys in particular areas or on particular themes.
- Learners are trained as Peer Mentors or Student Ambassadors.
Learners are encouraged to become fully involved with their communities through volunteering. There are opportunities whilst at college and we also have links with Vinspired, who help find volunteer placements in a student’s home area. In addition all Course Reps and Subject Area Leaders members receive volunteer certificates from V. We also support students in gaining recognition for any volunteering they do through V awards and the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme.
- Student Support
- Additional Learning Support
- Advanced Learner Loan
- Careers Education and Advice
- Childcare Support
- Learner Involvement
- Raising the Participation Age
- Student Life
- Transport Options & Support
- Tutorial Support
- Welfare Information and Advice
- Safe and Well – Pastoral Support