Careers Education and Advice
Your time at college is valuable and how you spend it will determine what direction you take. We are here to help you make an informed decision – so make use of us while you can! We can help you in a number of ways:
- Before you start at Mid Cheshire College, we can help you to decide the most appropriate course to take.
- Whilst you are at the College, we can help you to decide which career you want to do by considering your interests and your abilities.
- We can support you in finding out information on your progression options following your course – whether this be more education, training or into work.
Want to know what you can do with your course?
Career Toolbox has been created specifically for our students. It is a collection of all the best career information and job vacancy websites that relate to the vocational study areas offered by Mid Cheshire College. http://www.netvibes.com/career-toolbox
Useful Online Careers Resources
Extensive information on careers and courses. Useful sections on CV writing, interviews, job seeking and assessing your skills and interests. Advice line: 0800 100 900
Useful site if you are currently in or are thinking of going on to Higher Education
Helpful Information about UCAS
UCAS- How it all works
UCAS- What happens on results day
Careers: Contact Us
How can I contact a Careers Adviser?
The service is available to both daytime and evening students and anyone simply considering their options before choosing a course or training programme.
Individual appointments can be booked – please call 01606 74444 to check availability. These are available at the following sites:
Hartford campus– Monday – Thursday Friday,.
Winsford campus– Thursday 9.30am – 1.30pm.
You can also email a Careers Adviser on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
- Student Support
- Additional Learning Support
- Advanced Learner Loan
- Careers Education and Advice
- Childcare Support
- Learner Involvement
- Raising the Participation Age
- Student Life
- Transport Options & Support
- Tutorial Support
- Welfare Information and Advice
- Safe and Well – Pastoral Support